This certificate provides flexibility for students interested in developing their skills in animation. Students customize their program with core courses that provide conceptual and formal skill development as well as technical studio and software training. Students will learn 2D and 3D animation software applications, video editing, motion graphics, stop-motion puppet making, character design, and storyboarding, as well as explore how to make content inclusive and accessible.
- For courses on campus, students must maintain a minimum of 80% class attendance per course or only have missed one (1) class per course. For online courses, students must complete and turn in all assigned material.
- Instructors assess the student's work and issue a grade of pass or fail. Students must receive a passing grade in the course for the course to qualify for the certificate.
- Students must complete five (5) distinct qualifying courses within three (3) years. One of these courses may be a qualifying course from any of the other OCAD U Continuing Studies certificates.
- Successfully completed courses can be applied towards one (1) certificate only.
- Students must register for the certificate program by clicking on the 'Apply Now' button. Registration can be done at any time before, during or after completing the requirements.
- When students have completed all certificate requirements within the prescribed time limit, they will be able to download a printable PDF file of their certificate.
To earn this certificate, students must successfully complete:
- Two (2) Qualifying Courses
- Three (3) Elective Courses