Open source applications are high quality, reliable, flexible, and free (or low cost) alternatives to many commercially available applications. Blender is an open source 3D graphic application used by media artists and designers. This hands-on course provides students with the skills to create basic 3D models, animation, and 3D visualizations. Topics include surface modeling, texture, lighting, rigging, compositing, and rendering. Software for this course is available online for free at Blender.org
- Develop independent projects using practical knowledge of Blender,
- Familiarize with interface, preferences and main editors for creation and output of 3D content,
- Gain knowledge on modelling, editing tools geometries, modifiers & topological levels,
- Improve competency on texture mapping, lighting & rendering output using Cycles,
- Utilize skills on camera & geometries animation, basic particles systems and physics.