OCAD University recognizes the significance of Indigenous knowledge in an art and design studio practice. Students who have received training in Indigenous art or design skills may apply for prior learning assessment and recognition (PLAR) for those skills to be considered as one qualifying course towards any Certificate from the School of Continuing Studies at OCAD U. Students will need to demonstrate that they have received at least 18 hours of training from an Indigenous cultural institution, Indigenous mentoring artist/designer, knowledge keeper or a community elder.
To obtain this Prior Learning Assessment & Recognition, students are required to provide a brief description of the training, contact person and relationship they have to the community, including location, duration, and dates, as well as images of the work completed during or after the training.
For more information please contact the Office of Continuing Studies, email@example.com, (416) 977-6000, ext 2321.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Art and Design Studio Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses
- Business Skills for Creative Professionals Certificate : Qualifying Courses
- Critical Theory and Social Impact in Art & Design Certificate : Qualifying Courses
- Design, Technology, and Fabrication Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses
- Digital Media Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses
- Graphic Design and Visual Communication Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses
- Photography, Video, and Animation Studio Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses
- User Experience (UX) Design and Development Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses