This certificate provides artists, designers, writers, curators, and art/design appreciators insight into the rich dialogue of contemporary art, design, and new media. Courses explore themes of community engagement, activism, and social justice. They focus on studio practice in combination with critical discourse. The courses eligible for this certificate will inspire, challenge, and inform. This certificate is not for university degree credit.
- For courses on campus, students must maintain a minimum of 80% class attendance per course or only have missed one (1) class per course. For online courses, students must complete and turn in all assigned material.
- Instructors assess the student's work and issue a grade of pass or fail. Students must receive a passing grade in the course for the course to qualify for the certificate.
- Students must complete five (5) distinct qualifying courses within three (3) years. One of these courses may be a qualifying course from any of the other OCAD U Continuing Studies certificates.
- Successfully completed courses can be applied towards one (1) certificate only.
- Students must register for the certificate program by clicking on the 'Apply Now' button. Registration can be done at any time before, during or after completing the requirements.
- The certificate is awarded when students complete all requirements within the prescribed time limit. The certificate can be downloaded as a printable PDF.
Student, Shirin Divanbeihui shares her experience taking the Critical Theory and Social Impact in Art & Design Certificate.