For students interested in developing their skills in drawing, painting, sculpture, illustration, fiber art, and industrial design this certificate provides the flexibility to focus on the area of study which meets their needs. Students will explore a wide range of mediums in art and design to enhance their practice.
- For courses on campus, students must maintain a minimum of 80% class attendance per course or only have missed one (1) class per course. For online courses, students must complete and turn in all assigned material.
- Instructors assess the student's work and issue a grade of pass or fail. Students must receive a passing grade in the course for the course to qualify for the certificate.
- Students must complete five (5) distinct qualifying courses within three (3) years. One of these courses may be a qualifying course from any of the other OCAD U Continuing Studies certificates.
- Students are automatically registered for the certificate program.
- When students have completed all certificate requirements within the prescribed time limit, students must fill out the Certificate Request Form and send it to the Office of Continuing Studies along with the administrative fee.