This certificate is for those interested in learning the technical skills and conceptual tools required to create and manage web content. Courses eligible for this certificate provide the basic skills needed to those new to web design, as well as intermediate training in new software and online developments to keep experienced developers current. Courses cover topics such as UX principles, user research, analysis frameworks, interaction design, prototyping, and wireframing. Students also learn communication and collaboration techniques. This certificate is not for university degree credit.
- For courses on campus, students must maintain a minimum of 80% class attendance per course or only have missed one (1) class per course. For online courses, students must complete and turn in all assigned material.
- Instructors assess the student's work and issue a grade of pass or fail. Students must receive a passing grade in the course for the course to qualify for the certificate.
- Students must complete five (5) distinct qualifying courses within three (3) years. One of these courses may be a qualifying course from any of the other OCAD U Continuing Studies certificates.
- Successfully completed courses can be applied towards one (1) certificate only.
- Students must register for the certificate program by clicking on the 'Apply Now' button. Registration can be done at any time before, during or after completing the requirements.
- When students have completed all certificate requirements within the prescribed time limit, they will be able to download a printable PDF file of their certificate.