This course introduces students to screen printing techniques using acrylic inks and other water-soluble media. Topics include photographic screen printing, digital imaging for printmaking, as well as options for stencil printing and direct drawing. Studio work will be supported by demonstrations, discussions, and slide presentations.
- Familiarize with analogue and digital methods for designing screen prints,
- Explore screen printing techniques such as coating, exposing, printing and cleaning screens,
- Apply skills learned in the creation of printed assignments,
- Become aware of contemporary screen printing in context.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Art and Design Studio Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses
- Graphic Design and Visual Communication Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses