This is an advanced course that builds on the technical skills gained in Drawing Skills Studio. This course is geared for, artists, designers, illustrators, and animators who wish to explore drawing in-depth. The class offers an opportunity to strengthen fundamental drawing skills, and encourages an individual artistic voice through challenging exercises in drawing from the human form, architecture in perspective, and photography. Individual instruction and group critiques will be provided, along with regular discussions on how the individual student's work relates to contemporary and historical drawing practices. Please note this course includes drawing the human figure from a live nude model.
All Continuing Studies students in classes with a life model must observe the Etiquette Rules for Working with a Life Model.
- Understand elements of drawing: line, shape, volume, value, space, and proportion at an intermediate level,
- Implement informed choices in drawing tools and materials,
- Gain ability to critique works based on technical considerations,
- Obtain drawing skills to describe hand and foot, fabric, and a clothed model,
- Articulate visual ideas through multimedia,
- Expand problem solving abilities within a structured environment,
- Develop narrative in a composition through body language,
- Use colour to create impact in composition,
- Familiarize with mark making.
CSPD-N105, Drawing Skills Studio 1, or equivalent experience.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Art and Design Studio Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses