Image by Ilene Sova
Building on basic painting skills, this course is designed for the beginner or intermediate painter who would like to develop landscape painting skills. Course topics include fundamental composition development, colour mixing, tonal values, and under-painting, with a focus on individual expression and developing a personal visual vocabulary. Students will be guided through surface techniques including brushwork, texture creation, compositional and conceptual decision-making, and colour choices. Studio work will be supported by tutorials and discussions that explore examples of contemporary landscape painting, content, technique and style.
- Strengthen individual observation skills and gain confidence reproducing landscape elements in paint on canvas,
- Gain the ability to paint landscapes with a variety of techniques,
- Familiarize with tonal value, colour mixing, and sureness with producing unique colours from a simple palette,
- Generate unique compositions,
- Develop an appreciation of contemporary landscape painting practices.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Art and Design Studio Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses