Students will learn the basics of watercolour painting, and further develop their level of skill and knowledge with this medium, as well as exploring watercolour as a tool for creative expression. Topics include colour mixing and theory, brushwork, and wash techniques. Studio work will be supported by demonstrations, slide presentations, and critiques.
Upon the successful completion of this course, students will:
- Be introduced to a range of contemporary watercolour practices, and engaged in conversations around the medium.
- Learn basic qualities of watercolour paint, including transparency and permanence.
- Develop an understanding of the relationships between pigment, water and surface.
- Work with the principle methods and tools of watercolour painting.
- Begin to develop a personal style based on the above key attributes of watercolour
After enrolling in a course, please allow up to 5 hours for your student data to migrate to Canvas. Please note that courses may fill up early or be cancelled due to low enrollment. Students are encouraged to register early, at least ten (10) days prior to the start date of the course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Art and Design Studio Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses