This course explores the potential of social media marketing for the artists and designers. Students will look at a number of the core social media engines and learn the best uses for each one, with an overview of their strengths, weaknesses, and audiences. Students learn effective tips and tricks for using social media successfully for networking, building relationships, personal branding, research, managing visual content, and more. Please note that students must provide their own laptop, tablet, or smartphone in class to participate.
Upon the successful completion of this course, students will have learned:
- To identify the various channels under digital marketing
- How to identify the audience for a company/brand/business
- How to create your social media strategy
- The importance of various social media platforms
- The tactical use of major social media platforms
- How to create a content calendar
After enrolling in a course, please allow up to 5 hours for your student data to migrate to Canvas. Please note that courses may fill up early or be cancelled due to low enrollment. Students are encouraged to register early, at least ten (10) days prior to the start date of the course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Business Skills for Creative Professionals Certificate : Qualifying Courses
- Digital Media Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses