Open source applications are high quality, reliable, flexible, and free (or low cost) alternatives to many commercially available applications. Blender is an open source 3D graphic application used by media artists and designers. This hands-on course provides students with the skills to create basic 3D models, animation, and 3D visualizations. Topics include surface modeling, texture, lighting, rigging, compositing, and rendering. Software for this course is available online for free at Blender.org
Upon successful completion of this course, students will learn:
- Practical knowledge in Blender that will allow for development of independent projects,
- Knowledge on interface, preferences, and main editors for creation and output of 3D content,
- Knowledge on modelling, editing tools geometries, modifiers and topological levels,
- Knowledge on texture mapping, lighting and rendering output using Cycles,
- Knowledge on camera and geometries animation, basic particles systems, and physics.