CSDM-N138 - Introduction to Adobe Photoshop
Image by Sarah Redekop
This shorter course is designed specifically to introduce students to the key concepts and basic tools used in Adobe Photoshop. Topics include image resolution, using layers, modifying and transforming selections, image editing and adjustments using layers and filters, and output parameters and protocol for web, devices and print. Students will also learn through presentations, discussions, and critiques.
For online Adobe courses, students are responsible for purchasing their own software. In-class courses are held in OCAD U's computer labs using the latest software.
New Offer: 50% Off Adobe CC Licence
Now, when you enrol in a course with the School of Continuing Studies, we are offering a 6-month Adobe Creative Cloud Licence at 50% off. That’s only $36 per month. Simply add Adobe CC to your cart when you register for a course and start creating!
Upon successful completion of this course, students will learn:
- To differentiate between relevant vocabularies of digital formats by exploring the structure, organization, content creation and visual communication, possible via unique Adobe Photoshop CC designs,
- To interpret the contextual uses of digital design formats and apply Adobe Photoshop CC techniques to visually construct and communicate their vision to audiences,
- Critical knowledge of Adobe Photoshop CC by studying and skillfully applying the full range of the software’s creation and editing capabilities to create their own design,
- To create Photoshop CC designs using thoughtful, visual communication,
- To critique their preliminary work using professional examples and develop the visual acuity to plan the best revisions for their own final Adobe Photoshop CC designs.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Adobe Photoshop Skills Micro-credential : Qualifying Courses
- Digital Media Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses
- Graphic Design and Visual Communication Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses
- Photography and Video Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses