This shorter course is designed specifically to introduce students to the key concepts and basic tools used in Adobe Photoshop. Topics include image resolution, using layers, modifying and transforming selections, image editing and adjustments using layers and filters, and output parameters and protocol for web, devices and print. For online Adobe classes, students are responsible for purchasing their own software for class. Trial versions of the software are sometimes available on the company website, but at this time there are no discounts available for Continuing Studies students.
Upon the successful completion of this course, students will have learned to:
- Differentiate between relevant vocabularies of digital formats by exploring the structure, organization, content creation and visual communication, possible via unique Abobe Photoshop CC designs.
- Interpret the contextual uses of digital design formats and apply Abobe Photoshop CC techniques to visually construct and communicate their vision to audiences.
- Demonstrate critical knowledge of Abobe Photoshop CC by studying and skillfully applying the full range of the software’s creation and editing capabilities to create their own design.
- Create Photoshop CC designs using thoughtful, visual communication.
- Critique their preliminary work using professional examples and develop the visual acuity to plan the best revisions for their own final Abobe Photoshop CC designs.
After enrolling in a course, please allow up to 5 hours for your student data to migrate to Canvas. Please note that courses may fill up early or be cancelled due to low enrollment. Students are encouraged to register early, at least ten (10) days prior to the start date of the course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Digital Media Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses
- Graphic Design and Visual Communication Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses
- Photography, Video, and Animation Studio Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses