Autodesk Revit is a powerful parametric Building Information Modelling (BIM) program used by architects and designers. Students will learn how to create information-rich models for design and fabrication. For online classes, students are responsible for purchasing their own software for class. Trial versions of the software are sometimes available on the company website, but at this time there are no discounts available for Continuing Studies students.
Upon successful completion of the course, students should be able to:
- Understand the purpose of Building Information Management (BIM) and how it is applied in the Autodesk Revit software.
- Navigate the Autodesk Revit workspace and interface.
- Work with the basic drawing and editing tools.
- Create a 3D building model with walls, curtain walls, windows, and doors.
- Add floors, ceilings, and roofs to the building model.
- Create component-based and custom stairs.
- Add component features, such as furniture and equipment.
- Set up sheets for plotting with text, dimensions, details, tags, and schedules.
- Create renderings and animated walkthroughs
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Digital Media Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses