Image by Janice Shulman
This is a hands-on, fast-paced course that builds on skills, creative techniques, and concepts taught in the introductory Digital Photography and Photoshop courses. Students explore the art of digital imaging through colour correction, digital effects, and batch processing. In-class course is held in OCAD U's computer lab using the latest software. Output will be purchased externally or through the in-house print service bureau. For online Adobe classes, students are responsible for purchasing their own software for class. Trial versions of the software are sometimes available on the company website, but at this time there are no discounts available for Continuing Studies students.
Upon the successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Use Photoshop’s image editing capabilities
- Demonstrate knowledge of Photoshop’s uses, menus, interfaces, panels and tool
- Set up ?les and prepare digital artwork for a variety of professional output formats and uses
- Discern the correct resolution for digital images whether for print or on-screen use
- Modify, adjust, distort, apply ?lters to images
- Edit and adjust image ?les from a variety of sources
- Create composite image ?les for use in Illustrator and InDesign
- Create digital paintings, illustrations, design layouts
Please note that courses may fill up early or be cancelled due to low enrollment. Students are encouraged to register early, at least ten (10) days prior to the start date of the course.
CSDM-N138 - Introduction to Adobe Photoshop, or equivalent experience.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Digital Media Skills : Qualifying Courses
- Graphic Design & Visual Communication Skills : Qualifying Courses
- Photography, Video, and Animation Studio Skills : Qualifying Courses
- User Experience (UX) Design and Development Skills : Qualifying Courses