This course builds on the skills, creative techniques, and concepts taught in Introduction to Adobe Photoshop. Adobe Photoshop is the standard editing program for many industries and professions, outputting to a wide range of file types. This course will focus on editing and adjusting image files from a variety of sources to create digital paintings and/or illustrations, layout and design projects for print and/or web and devices, techniques to modify, adjust, distort, and apply filters to images, creating/designing characters, animating with a frame-by-frame process, editing video files, creating composite image files, distressing images and text, and creating and applying batch actions to folders of images. Students will also learn through presentations, discussions, and critiques.
For online Adobe courses, students are responsible for purchasing their own software. In-class courses are held in OCAD U's computer labs using the latest software.
New Offer: 50% Off Adobe CC License
Now, when you enroll in a course with the School of Continuing Studies, we are offering a 6-month Adobe Creative Cloud License at 50% off. That’s only $36 per month. Simply add Adobe CC to your cart when you register for a course and start creating!
- Build competency in Adobe Photoshop’s image editing,
- Familiarize with Adobe Photoshop’s uses, menus, interfaces, panels, and tools,
- Set up files and prepare digital artwork for a variety of professional output formats and uses,
- Gain the ability to discern the correct resolution for digital images whether for print or on-screen use,
- Demonstrate necessary skills to modify, adjust, distort, and apply filters to images,
- Edit and adjust image files from a variety of sources,
- Produce composite image files for use in Adobe Illustrator and InDesign,
- Create digital paintings, illustrations, and design layouts.
CSDM-N138 - Introduction to Adobe Photoshop or equivalent experience.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Adobe Photoshop Skills Micro-credential : Qualifying Courses
- Digital Media Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses
- Graphic Design and Visual Communication Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses
- Photography and Video Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses
- User Experience (UX) Design and Development Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses