This is a hands-on, fast-paced course where students gain the technical skills to create sophisticated vector graphics for a range of art and design projects using Adobe Illustrator. This is a qualifying course towards the Certificate in Digital Media Skills. For online Adobe classes, students are responsible for purchasing their own software for class. For online Adobe classes, students are responsible for purchasing their own software for class. Trial versions of the software are sometimes available on the company website, but at this time there are no discounts available for Continuing Studies students.
Upon the successful completion of this course, students will have learned to:
- Differentiate and navigate between relevant vocabularies of both Bitmap and especially Vector graphics and understand their structure, organization, content creation and visual communication, in the construction of unique Abobe Illustrator CC designs
- Interpret the contextual uses of digital design formats and apply Abobe Illustrator CC techniques to visually communicate their vision to their audiences
- Demonstrate critical knowledge of Abobe Illustrator CC by studying and skillfully applying the full range of the software’s creation and editing capabilities to create their own design
- Create design solutions using thoughtful, visual communication
- Critique their preliminary work using professional examples and develop the visual acuity to plan the best revisions for their own final Abobe Illustrator CC designs
After enrolling in a course, please allow up to 5 hours for your student data to migrate to Canvas. Please note that courses may fill up early or be cancelled due to low enrollment. Students are encouraged to register early, at least ten (10) days prior to the start date of the course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Digital Media Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses
- Graphic Design and Visual Communication Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses