This is a hands-on, fast-paced course where students gain the technical skills to create sophisticated vector graphics for a range of art and design projects using Adobe Illustrator. Courses are held at OCAD U using the latest software. This is a qualifying course towards the Certificate in Digital Media Skills. For online Adobe classes, students are responsible for purchasing their own software for class. In-class course is held in OCAD U's computer lab using the latest software. For online Adobe classes, students are responsible for purchasing their own software for class. Trial versions of the software are sometimes available on the company website, but at this time there are no discounts available for Continuing Studies students.
Upon the successful completion of this course, students will have learned to:
- Differentiate and navigate between relevant vocabularies of both Bitmap and especially Vector graphics and understand their structure, organization, content creation and visual communication, in the construction of unique Abobe Illustrator CC designs
- Interpret the contextual uses of digital design formats and apply Abobe Illustrator CC techniques to visually communicate their vision to their audiences
- Demonstrate critical knowledge of Abobe Illustrator CC by studying and skillfully applying the full range of the software’s creation and editing capabilities to create their own design
- Create design solutions using thoughtful, visual communication
- Critique their preliminary work using professional examples and develop the visual acuity to plan the best revisions for their own final Abobe Illustrator CC designs
Please note that courses may fill up early or be cancelled due to low enrollment. Students are encouraged to register early, at least ten (10) days prior to the start date of the course.