This is a hands-on, fast-paced course where students gain the technical skills to create sophisticated Bitmap and Vector graphics for a range of art and design projects using Adobe Illustrator CC. Students will learn to interpret the contextual uses of their designs and apply techniques to visually communicate effectively to their audiences. Students will also learn through presentations, discussions, and critiques.
For online Adobe courses, students are responsible for purchasing their own software. In-class courses are held in OCAD U's computer labs using the latest software.
New Offer: 50% Off Adobe CC Licence
Now, when you enrol in a course with the School of Continuing Studies, we are offering a 6-month Adobe Creative Cloud Licence at 50% off. That’s only $36 per month. Simply add Adobe CC to your cart when you register for a course and start creating!
Upon successful completion of this course, students will learn:
- The skills to differentiate and navigate between relevant vocabularies of both Bitmap and especially Vector graphics and understand their structure, organization, content creation and visual communication, in the construction of unique Adobe Illustrator CC designs,
- The ability to interpret the contextual uses of digital design formats and apply Adobe Illustrator CC techniques to visually communicate their vision to their audiences,
- An understanding of the critical knowledge of Adobe Illustrator CC by studying and skillfully applying the full range of the software’s creation and editing capabilities to create their own design,
- The skills to create design solutions using thoughtful, visual communication,
- The ability to critique their preliminary work using professional examples and develop the visual acuity to plan the best revisions for their own final Adobe Illustrator CC designs.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Adobe Illustrator Skills Micro-credential : Qualifying Courses
- Digital Media Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses
- Graphic Design and Visual Communication Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses