CSDM-N119 - Introduction to Adobe InDesign
Adobe InDesign is the industry-leading layout and page design software for print and digital media. Students will gain the software skills needed to create, preflight, and publish everything from printed and digital materials to interactive online documents, as well as the ability to create design solutions using thoughtful, visual communication. Students will also learn through presentations, discussions, and critiques.
For online Adobe courses, students are responsible for purchasing their own software. In-class courses are held in OCAD U's computer labs using the latest software.
New Offer: 50% Off Adobe CC Licence
Now, when you enrol in a course with the School of Continuing Studies, we are offering a 6-month Adobe Creative Cloud Licence at 50% off. That’s only $36 per month. Simply add Adobe CC to your cart when you register for a course and start creating!
Upon successful completion of this course, students will learn:
- The skills to differentiate and navigate between relevant vocabularies of publication graphics and understand its structure, organization, content creation and visual communication, in the construction of unique Adobe InDesign CC designs,
- The ability to interpret the contextual uses of digital design formats and apply Adobe InDesign CC techniques to visually communicate their visual, textual and interactive ideas to their audiences,
- Critical knowledge of Adobe InDesign CC by studying and skillfully applying the full range of the software’s creation and editing capabilities to create their own design,
- The ability to create design solutions using thoughtful, visual communication,
- The skills to critique their preliminary work using professional examples and develop the visual acuity to plan the best revisions for their own final Adobe InDesign CC designs.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Digital Media Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses
- Graphic Design and Visual Communication Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses