In this 6-week course, students should gain the software skills needed to create, preflight, and publish everything from printed and digital materials to interactive online documents. InDesign is the industry-leading page design and layout toolset. For online Adobe classes, students are responsible for purchasing their own software for class. Trial versions of the software are sometimes available on the company website, but at this time there are no discounts available for Continuing Studies students.
Upon the successful completion of this course, students will have learned to:
- Differentiate and navigate between relevant vocabularies of publication graphics and understand its structure, organization, content creation and visual communication, in the construction of unique Abobe InDesign CC designs
- Interpret the contextual uses of digital design formats and apply Abobe InDesign CC techniques to visually communicate their visual, textual and interactive ideas to their audiences
- Demonstrate critical knowledge of Abobe InDesign CC by studying and skillfully applying the full range of the software’s creation and editing capabilities to create their own design
- Create design solutions using thoughtful, visual communication
- Critique their preliminary work using professional examples and develop the visual acuity to plan the best revisions for their own final Abobe InDesign CC designs
After enrolling in a course, please allow up to 5 hours for your student data to migrate to Canvas. Please note that courses may fill up early or be cancelled due to low enrollment. Students are encouraged to register early, at least ten (10) days prior to the start date of the course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Digital Media Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses
- Graphic Design and Visual Communication Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses