This studio course introduces students to key concepts in contemporary interior design and space planning. Topics include floor plans, elevations, design themes, colour, lighting, furniture planning, materials, finishes, and sustainability. Studio work will be supported by lectures, material presentations and critiques.
Upon the successful completion of this course, students will have:
- An understanding for the design process as it relates to Interior Design
- The ability to assess the requirements for specific spaces and how to develop solutions
- The knowledge and strategic ability for space planning, floor plans and how they translate into elevations
- An understanding of artistic and aesthetic styles & design themes and how to develop them into design solutions
- An understanding in general of furniture, finishes and fixtures
- The ability to assess and consider solutions with a sustainable approach
After enrolling in a course, please allow up to 5 hours for your student data to migrate to Canvas. Please note that courses may fill up early or be cancelled due to low enrollment. Students are encouraged to register early, at least ten (10) days prior to the start date of the course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Design, Technology, and Fabrication Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses