SketchUp is a powerful 3D software application used for architecture, interior design, game design, and basic 3D modelling. In this hands-on workshop, students will learn to create 3D illustrations and models with SketchUp. Topics include drawing tools, modify commands, component libraries, layering systems, modelling solids, surface treatments, and working with prefab objects. For online classes, students are responsible for purchasing their own software for class. Trial versions of the software are sometimes available on the company website, but at this time there are no discounts available for Continuing Studies students.
This course is taught using SketchUp for Windows. Most of SketchUp’s functionality is the same across Windows and Mac operating systems, however there are some differences between the interfaces and shortcut commands, and what you see in the tutorials may not match what you are seeing on your own machine. Students using a Mac can install Boot Camp, which is a utility that comes with your Mac, that will allow you to switch between macOS and Windows.
Upon the successful completion of this course, students will have:
- Confidence in navigating and identifying the various tools and menus interface of SketchUp the web based version.
- Gaining hands on experience in creating various simple objects using SketchUp tools.
- Ability to start applying the skills learned on your own to create a more advanced interior objects.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Design, Technology, and Fabrication Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses
- Digital Media Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses