In this studio course, students will explore and develop their editorial skills to create cohesive visual narratives for print and online media. Topics include colour theory, understanding and creating grids, typography and typographic systems, gestalt principles, and intermediate Adobe Creative Suite design software techniques. Students are required to provide their own laptops with Adobe CC Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign software to complete the in-class assignments.
- Learn the fundamentals of narrative/editorial design in regards to colour theory, grids, typography and typographic systems, gestalt principles, and layout,
- Visualize their ideas and narratives through and with the Adobe Creative Suite,
- Create cohesive and compelling visual narratives for print and online media.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Digital Media Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses
- Graphic Design and Visual Communication Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses