In this studio course, students will explore and develop their editorial skills to create cohesive visual narratives for print and online media. Topics include colour theory, understanding and creating grids, typography and typographic systems, gestalt principles, and intermediate Adobe Creative Suite design software techniques. Students are required to provide their own laptops with Adobe CC Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign software to complete the in-class assignments.
Upon the successful completion of this course, students will have:
- Students will learn the fundamentals of narrative/editorial design in regards to colour theory, grids, typography and typographic systems, gestalt principles, and layout
- Students will learn how to visualize their ideas and narratives through and with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Students will learn how to create cohesive and compelling visual narratives for print and online media
After enrolling in a course, please allow up to 5 hours for your student data to migrate to Canvas. Please note that courses may fill up early or be cancelled due to low enrollment. Students are encouraged to register early, at least ten (10) days prior to the start date of the course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Digital Media Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses
- Graphic Design and Visual Communication Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses