This course will explore the entrepreneurial aspects of building a professional career in visual art or design. Course presentations include; Building Your Brand, Managing Social Media, Networking, Mentoring, Getting your Work Out There, Making a great Resume/CV, Crafting an excellent Biography and Artists Statement, Contracts, Pricing and Copyright issues, as well all working as a self-employed artist.
Upon the successful completion of this course, students will:
- Develop an understanding of the various components that lead to a professional career in visual art or design
- Have been exposed to the different professional opportunities and how to engage them
- Have developed a better understanding of how to document, present and market their work
- Have developed a better understanding of how to write about their work
- Have been exposed to practical elements that lead to a sustainable art or design practice
After enrolling in a course, please allow up to 5 hours for your student data to migrate to Canvas. Please note that courses may fill up early or be cancelled due to low enrollment. Students are encouraged to register early, at least ten (10) days prior to the start date of the course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Business Skills for Creative Professionals Certificate : Qualifying Courses