This studio workshop introduces students to the best practices for photographing products for online business. It will help students visually convey the full product experience and context to customers. Topics include camera basics, studio lighting, colour accuracy, avoiding glare, and image size. Students will also gain an understanding of how to use Adobe Photoshop to enhance their images and produce documentation for online formats. For online courses, students must have access to Adobe CC Photoshop to complete assignments. Students are responsible for purchasing their own software for class. Trial versions of the software are sometimes available on the company website, but at this time there are no discounts available for Continuing Studies students.
Upon the successful completion of this course, students will learn:
- What equipment to use for Product photography
- How to use form, geometry and the basic theory of composition thoughtfully
- How to photograph using natural light
- What Lighting Techniques to use when photographing reflective objects
- What is the difference between Diffused and Specular light
- How to use Photoshop for edit and design of Product Photographs
- How to create a Composite Product Photo
- What are the best business practices for Product Photography
After enrolling in a course, please allow up to 5 hours for your student data to migrate to Canvas. Please note that courses may fill up early or be cancelled due to low enrollment. Students are encouraged to register early, at least ten (10) days prior to the start date of the course.
CSAP-N121 Introduction to Digital Photography, or equivalent experience.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Business Skills for Creative Professionals Certificate : Qualifying Courses
- Photography Foundations Micro-Credential : Elective Courses
- Photography, Video, and Animation Studio Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses