Learn to produce high-quality, professional photographs using your own digital SLR camera. This course will introduce students to digital SLR cameras, the basics of digital image files, and the processing of images in Adobe Photoshop. Students are responsible for the cost of printing. For online courses, students must have access to Adobe CC Photoshop to complete assignments. Students are responsible for purchasing their own software for class. Trial versions of the software are sometimes available on the company website, but at this time there are no discounts available for Continuing Studies students.
Students must have access to a digital SLR or mirrorless camera.
Upon the successful completion of this course, students will learn:
- Digital camera and lenses anatomy
- How to change shutter speed, aperture, and ISO
- How to compose with autofocus
- To use form, geometry and the basic theory of composition thoughtfully
- Distinguish between the working and downloading of JPEG and Raw files
- Understanding the basics of photographic editing software
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Art and Design Studio Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses
- Digital Media Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses
- Graphic Design and Visual Communication Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses
- Photography Foundations Micro-Credential : Required Course
- Photography, Video, and Animation Studio Skills Certificate : Qualifying Courses