OCAD University recognizes the significance of Indigenous knowledge in an art and design studio practice. Students who have received training in Indigenous art or design skills may apply for prior learning assessment and recognition (PLAR) for those skills to be considered as one qualifying course towards any Continuing Studies Certificate. Students will need to demonstrate that they have received at least 18 hours of training from an Indigenous cultural institution, Indigenous mentoring artist/designer, Knowledge Keeper or a community Elder.
To obtain the certificate credit, students are required to provide a brief description of the training, contact person and relationship they have to the community, including location, duration, and dates, as well as an image or images of the work completed during or after the training.
For more information please contact the Office of Continuing Studies, firstname.lastname@example.org, (416) 977-6000, ext 2321.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Applied Design and Fabrication Skills : Qualifying Courses
- Art and Design Studio Skills : Qualifying Courses
- Art and Social Justice : Qualifying Courses
- Business Skills for Creative Professionals : Qualifying Courses
- Digital Media Skills : Qualifying Courses
- Film, Video, Animation: Critical Theory and Media Production Skills : Qualifying Courses
- Graphic Design & Visual Communication Skills : Qualifying Courses
- Photography Skills : Qualifying Courses
- Theory and Criticism in Art and Design : Qualifying Courses
- User Experience (UX) Design and Development Skills : Qualifying Courses