Image by Otino Corsano
This micro-credential provides students with the essential skills required to produce high quality online video content. Students learn software skills in video and audio editing, video and audio effects, and animation, using Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects. This stackable micro-credential can be applied towards the Continuing Studies certificate in Photography, Video, and Animation Studio Skills as two (2) qualifying courses.
Upon the successful completion of this micro-credential, students should have gained the skills to:
- Manage media and basic workflows in video editing and motion graphic software
- Create video effects and transitions
- Import and export audio and video files and understand the difference between file formats
- Mix audio elements, adjust audio levels, and add audio transitions
- Perform color adjustments and level corrections to video clips
- Add text, titles, captions, and kinetic typography
- Create keyframe based animations
- Work with bitmap images and vector graphics in video
- Create high quality, accessible, video content for broadcast and online distribution
- Students must complete the two (2) qualifying courses within one (1) year
- Students must submit the online micro-credential request form along with the administrative fee to obtain the micro-credential and digital badge
Earning Your Micro-Credential Badge
As part of the modules in each micro-credential, you will complete assignments and exercises outlined in each micro-credential. These build towards the required evidence for each micro-credential that is submitted at the end of the micro-credential modules.
Successfully demonstrated application the key outcomes as part of the required evidencing will be recognized with a digital badge for the specific micro-credential. A link to the badge will be sent via email that can be added to resumes and posted on social media platforms.
What is a micro-credential?
Micro-credential is a new model that uses short, focused credentials to verify mastery of a skill or competency, and is designed to target high-demand skills, leading to faster hiring.
The process offers a digital credential, which is the official certification of the acquisition of an individual’s skills or capabilities. It is awarded in a digital form, which is verified, secure and shareable with peers, employers and educational providers.
Why micro-credentials now?
Micro-credentials can be used to recognize both vertical and transversal skills. Coupled with the in-depth learning obtained in a field of study, micro-credentials can be used to present a more holistic view of an individual’s abilities and achievements.
In today’s fast-changing workforce and emerging gig economy, a nimble recognition system is essential for both professionals and employers, who are increasingly moving towards skill or competency-based hiring.
To learn more about micro-credentials, please visit the eCampusOntario website.