The Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG) program provides opportunities for employers, individually or in groups, to invest in their workforce, with help from the government.
Ontario's workforce is our most valuable asset. As new technologies, globalization and shifting demographics rapidly change Ontario’s economy, they alter the mix of available jobs and the skills people need to succeed in them. By building up education and training, we can maintain Ontario’s competitive advantage, helping businesses and workers adapt to change and achieve their goals.
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant provides direct financial support to individual employers or employer consortia who wish to purchase training for their employees. It is available to small, medium and large businesses with a plan to deliver short-term training to existing and new employees. Important to know:
- Employers can get up to $10,000 in government support per person for training costs.
- The training has to be delivered by an eligible, third-party trainer.
- Employers with 100 or more employees need to contribute 1/2 of the training costs. Small employers with less than 100 employees need to contribute 1/6 of training costs.
- For employer groups who want to apply for training supports the government offers a COJG Consortium Stream. The Consortium Stream allows a group of employers (two or more employers) to pool their resources to support common training objectives and goals. To apply as a consortium, the intermediary organization needs to ensure all the participating employers and trainees meet COJG requirements, and are able to make their required contribution towards the training cost.
- Most organizations acting as an intermediary are eligible for administrative funding equal to 15% of the government contribution.
If you're an employer with a particular skills demand, the Canada-Ontario Job Grant might be right for you. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
- COJG Employer and Training Provider Information Sheet (posted on August 12, 2019) (PDF, 118 KB)
- Training Provider Attestation Form (posted on August 12, 2019) (PDF, 1,416 KB) (Download and open with Adobe Reader. See instructions.)
- Employer Attestation Form (posted on August 12, 2019) (PDF, 1,407 KB)
- Questions and Answers for Employers (posted on August 12, 2019)
- Employer Overview Presentation 2019-2020 Guidelines (posted on August 12, 2019) (PDF, 698 KB)
For further information, please contact the Employment Ontario Contact Centre. Call toll-free (no charge): 1-800-387-5656 or through the TTY number: 1-866-533-6339 or email at EmploymentHotlineInquiries@ontario.ca.
For more information and to apply visit: http://www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/eopg/cojg/