ArtWorksTO provides education and employment opportunities for youth media artists (18-29) who identify as Indigenous, Black and People of Colour and/or 2SLGBTQ+ youth to gain professional experience, skills and network in the media arts industry.
ArtWorksTO is a partnership between the Toronto Arts Foundation's Neighbourhood Arts Network (NAN), City of Toronto, The Remix Project, and Ontario College of Art & Design University (OCADU).
This robust program includes:
- Portfolio Development Workshop delivered by OCAD U now open for registration
- Certificate in Art and Design Professional Skills delivered by OCAD U to develop creative business skills (Application will open Sept 28, 2020)
- Paid project contract with the City of Toronto and partner arts organizations (OCADU, Toronto Arts Foundation, and the Remix Project) Application will open Sept 28, 2020
- Mentorship with industry advisors delivered by The Remix Project
- Employment supports through the City's Toronto Youth Partnerships & Employment (TYPE) program (optional), to provide: Assistance with employment goals, including education, training and wellness supports