Offered in partnership with McGill University, this course explores the complexities of creative and entertainment industries, the role of executive producer, business models of creative content projects; definite vs. creative content environments; para-structural vs. structured organizations; fundamental principles and best practices of initiating, funding, planning and producing creative content projects.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the role of the executive producer and the life cycle of a creation
- Implement all the elements of a creative content business model
- Align project management processes around a creative or definite content model
- Develop creative concept presentation and learn how to pitch to investors
- Prepare and manage key contracts with customers, investors, designers, and vendors
- Negotiate /manage the intellectual property model in contracts with customers & designers
- Plan the production with solid schedules, Budget, and Risks management plan
- Manage resources and deal with different stakeholders (soft skills required)
- Design a communication plan that will put you on top of the project and what you need to do to stay on top
- Build solid production team
Please register for this course directly through McGill University.
Receive a $50 discount when you register with the code: OCADU