Image by Leilah Dhoré
This certificate is designed for artists interested in exploring themes of community engagement, activism, and social justice in their studio practice.
- For courses on campus, students must maintain a minimum of 80% class attendance per course or only have missed one (1) class per course. For online courses, students must complete and turn in all assigned material.
- Instructors assess the student's work and issue a pass or fail grade. Students must receive a passing grade in the course for the course to qualify for the certificate.
- Students must complete five (5) distinct qualifying courses within three (3) years. One of these courses may be a qualifying course from any of the other OCAD U Continuing Studies certificates.
- Courses completed from the Toronto Public Library (TPL) Civil Society Series may be considered towards one of the five courses in the certificate. Total instructional hours from the TPL courses must be at least 6 hours and documentation of course completion is required.
- Students are automatically registered for the certificate program.
- When students have completed all certificate requirements within the prescribed time limit, students must fill out the Certificate Request Form and send it to the Office of Continuing Studies along with the administrative fee.